Photo and Copy: Williams-Sonoma
A favorite at Maine country stores since the 1920s, buttercream-filled chocolate whoopie pies are said to derive their name from the shouts of delight they elicit. Ours are hand made from scratch at a small Maine bakery using a prized family recipe.
- Made from the very finest local ingredients, including freshly churned butter, free-range eggs and Atlantic sea salt.
- Each whoopee pie consists of two moist, tender chocolate cakes hugging a fluffy filling of vanilla buttercream.
- Inspired by fir trees along the Maine coast, our tree-shapes pies come with a packet of crushed peppermint candy so you can add a dusting of fresh, crunchy â€œsnow.â€
- 18.4 oz. (12 individually wrapped pies).
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
This may be a seasonal item – the web link may not work post season.
Comments are encouraged. If you know the company/product and have experience to share with other readers – please do so…